Winter 2024 Learn to Skate is Closed!
SPRING 2024, will be show rehearsals Saturday’s 215-255 for any level skater currently enrolled in classes, or that has been in enrolled in the program in the past. And a few new fun classes 310-350p
PLEASE CAREFULLY READ BELOW TO MAKE THE ENROLLMENT PROCESS AS EASY AND HASSLE FREE AS POSSIBLE.
Learn to Skate USA classes are the foundation for both Learn to Play Hockey and Freestyle Figure Skating. The levels are developed by Learn to Skate USA and are designed to be the best beginning ice-skating program. This program caters to the need of both the recreational and the competitive skater.
- Parents do not participate on the ice with their children for any level. *New this year, we will offer a short Parent/tot class at the end of the season, see schedule below
- Lessons available for ages 3-Adults.
- Make up lessons or refunds are NOT available for missed classes.
- Price includes Rental Skates each week. Hockey and Figure Skates available.
- Please equip your skater with a HELMET, long pants (snow pants), warm coat and gloves each week for class. Helmets are required for all Beginner/Snowplow Sam, and Basic 1-5. Helmets are highly recommended but not required for Basic 6, Pre Free Skate and Adult levels. We DO NOT have Helmets to rent.
- NOTE: A Waiver Form will need to be completed and submitted to participate.
Confused on what to register for??
ie: Beginner, Snowplow Sam & Basic levels, please see below!
- Beginner level is the term we use for Snowplow 1/Basic 1, aka anyone between the ages of 3 and 13, who have not taken lessons before, the Beginner Level is the class for you! Enroll in BEGINNER with the age that applies to them.
- Snowplow levels 1-4 are for skaters ages 7 and under. Skaters must pass the beginner level aka Snowplow Sam 1, to move to Snowplow 2, etc..
- Basic levels 1-6 are for skaters ages 8 and above or younger skaters that have passed through Snowplow 4. Like the snowplow levels, skaters must pass Basic 1 to get to Basic 2, so on and so forth.
- If the beginner level you are looking for is not available, PLEASE DO NOT REGISTER FOR ANOTHER LEVEL. It means we are full for the beginner level at that time.
- Fall I is the only session that offers the 9:30a Learn to Skate Hockey class. This is a Hockey Skating fundamentals class preparing any skater that is brand new to hockey for their town Learn to Play program, Tri city league, etc. They will learn hockey skating skills terminology, as well as basic stick handling, the final class will include a small hockey game. Any skater that has passed the snowplow 2 level is eligible for this class. Age range is 4-10. Gear Required: Hockey Skates and Hockey helmet, full gear recommended. If you have questions please contact Jacqui before registering at Jacqui@flynnrink.com .
- Adults wanting to learn, our very popular Adult class is held at 2:15p only on Saturday’s. Please register for the Adult class only if you are an adult over the age of 16 wanting to learn how to skate.
*Lastly, when inputting information, make sure when adding a new participant, you are putting the skaters name and date of birth. Not your own. Once enrolled, unless you hear from the director within a few days saying you were not accepted, means you have been successfully enrolled. You will receive a Welcome email a few days before the start of the session that will go into further detail of the class.